Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Choco-therapy @ LifeSpa

I am a bit annoyed with LifeSpa as it is next to impossible to get an appointment now. I tried making an appointment on 29 Dec for 20 Jan, and was told it was full but they will put me on the waitlist. And on 15 Jan, they called to say they have a slot on 16 Jan and if I would like to take it.

I decided to go for it cos I would never be able to get an appointment at all.

So I opted for the Choco-therapy treatment. It usually costs $388 which I think is way overpriced and not worth at all. With my package, I am paying around $140 for that which is still quite expensive.

So what is in the Choco-therapy? All things Chocolate!

You will be scrubbed, soaked, kneaded and wrapped.

I didn't particularly like the therapist Rachel. She did the body scrub as if she was in a competition to see who would finish first. It was so fast that I didn't feel relaxed at all. Plus the chocolate scrub scent was not very strong. In fact I couldn't smell anything.

Then I was led to shower off, before dipping into the milk bath jacuzzi for 15mins. The jacuzzi was nice though I didn't discern any milk in the bath at all. Just a very faint milkiness of the water. Again no scent. I felt like I was in the delivery theatre or something as the therapists just opened the door to put towels and tea etc in the jacuzzi room. It was a free show for them all. No privacy at all. I like the mini chocolate they gave together with the ginger tea. The jets of the jacuzzi were not very strong so it was just a gentle whirring of the water.

Finally it was time for the massage. It was just a 30mins back massage. It was so painful, lots of acupressure which I didn't really like. Even when I told her it was painful and to reduce pressure, she still persisted in doing the hard massage. Maybe she couldn't gauge her strength. I really prefer something soothing, but again it is getting harder to find therapists who can do that. The heating pad was overheated and I had to ask her to reduce the temperature.

The chocolate body wrap was next. Now that was the only time I could smell chocolate. Dark yummy chocolate. After my body was smeared with chocolate, I was all wrapped up in a heating pad. I felt like a hot chocolate or chocolate pudding or fondue, being cooked. Then I felt like brownie when the heat got too much and I thought I was in an oven. After 20mins, I was led for a final shower.

Would I do this again? Highly unlikely. Give me a regular good massage or a good javanese mandi lulur. I think I much prefer that. The chocolate therapy was more of a novelty. Chocolate was to have good properties in withdrawing toxins from the body, but somehow I doubt it. The amount they used was so minimal, what benefits are there?

But I still smell of chocolate so the chocolate body mask did permeate my body.

Next appointment - my birthday :)

No comments: