Monday, September 24, 2007

Cupcakes in Vancouver

Jason took me to Cupcakes along Denman in Vancouver. Such a pretty store with girly display and cute stuff. Tempted to buy the t-shirt but at C$32+tax, I don't think so. There isn't much craze for cupcakes here, unlike in Singapore. But Cupcakes is doing well, expanding to 3 stores now from when they started a couple of years back.

I only bought half a dozen mini cupcakes as the regular size is pretty big and the big size is even bigger!

These are the flavors I bought:
Lemon Drop - lemon cake with lemon butter cream, topped with a lemon wedge candy
Chocolate - classic chocolate cake with chocolate butter cream, finished with chocolate sprinkles
Mint Condition - chocolate cake with mint butter cream, finished with mini chocolate chips
Denman - chocolate cake with chocolate butter cream, infused with raspberry jam and finished with a raspberry dollop
Caramella - chocolate cake filled with caramel, topped with caramel butter cream and sprinkled with praline
Diva - chocolate cake with pink vanilla butter cream, finished with pink sugar crystals

My favorite is Caramella, not too sweet. The cake base is not sweet, similar to Sherie's recipe. The buttercream is also nice, but I think I prefer Sherie's recipe still :p But the frosting sure is pretty.

For more info, visit Cupcakes

No comments: