Tuesday, September 04, 2007

My Cross


I finally found a cross pendant which is similar to the one I lost earlier this year. After looking at various jewelry shops (Soo Kee, Lee Hwa, Aspial and even down to Taka, SK and Citigems, plus a few silver jewelry shops), I have more or less given up hope on finding one which is similar.
It seemed like all the shops specialized in dainty, tiny, fragile-looking cross pendants with diamonds. While I do like "bling-bling" to a certain extent, I prefer that for costume jewelry. They are more "fun" pieces to me. For something which I will be wearing daily, I prefer something simple. Plus, I am not a dainty person, so small does not work for me. Lol. I prefer something of substance.
So while out at AMK Hub (yes, I was out at the suburbs and not in town), exploring the place, I ventured into Poh Heng (which is in those neighborhood shops, not inside the Hub itself). I didn't really expect to see the cross, but the first one I laid my eyes on is almost an exact replica.

Oh, the joy! It is slightly smaller and lighter than my previous one. Plus the edges are slanted, not perfectly rounded. But it is close enough and charge it, it is. White gold cross pendant on my old silver chain, which I still refuse to change.

Before I bought the cross, I actually bought a dragonfly pendant as I wanted something nice and big to wear. The chain needs a pendant to weigh it down, else it will keep going up like a choker.

No comments: