Thursday, April 15, 2010

April Gathering at Greenhouse, Ritz Carlton

You could probably tell I really do like the Greenhouse over at Ritz Carlton. This was my 3rd time in so many weeks, with a few more to go :p

I requested for 2 portions of salmon and 1 portion of snapper, but somehow the chef gave me 1 portion of each. Maybe that was a good thing too since it could get a bit too much after a while. The sashimi was fresh and sweet. It was pretty crowded last night that there was only 1 pair of chopsticks left and not much wasabi too (and it was only 730pm or so)!

Then it was onto the cold seafood. There were plenty of oysters and I took four for myself. The tabasco sauce was all gone too. 4 different types of bottles and 3 were empty. The only one left was with chipotle and the smoky taste certainly didn't really go well with the oysters. While the oysters were fresh, there were plenty of grits on them too. Not nice to have to keep removing them while eating.

The highlight of the evening was the pate. It was the first time I saw these little pots with different fillings. The cheese stick went very well with it too.
Creamy smooth pate (not sure which liver it was from, but for a non-liver lover person, this was soooo yummy). It was the most sinful rich food of the evening for me.

My main - hokkien noodles which was a bit dry (or maybe I took the top part which was drier) but still delicious. The chicken with porcini sauce was also very good. The porcini added a new dimension with its stronger taste. The butter prawns were awesome with its rich buttery flavor and sweet flesh. I liked the roast potato and beef bourguignon too. The beef was tender and just melted in my mouth.

This time there were lamb and herbal duck too which the others loved. Not a fan of gamy meat, I did not try them.

I was quite enamored by the cheese selection. Somehow I was more keen on the cheese with crackers, grapes and dried fruits than the dessert. Maybe it was the company too which made it all the more nicer. Munching on hard cheese with the sweet grapes and dried mango and figs while chatting away ~ bliss.

My concession to dessert - chocolate mousse cup. This was my chocolate fix for the night. Dark bittersweet chocolate was simply heaven.

I did not try this though we were pretty intrigued by how the liquid was at the bottom with a space in the middle and topped with the custard cream. It was actually coconut and strawberry. It just looked pretty.

I had a tiny half curl scoop of the strawberry and rum & raisin ice cream which was good enough for a taste and not too much to make one feel sick. We shared the crepe which was topped with hazelnuts, pistachios, almond flakes and chocolate and vanilla sauce.

It was always a fun time when the girls get together and we took this time to celebrate Ashley's birthday in advance. Happy birthday!

I am so looking forward to next month gathering where it would be the Sex and the City 2 + Sherie's birthday celebration :)

2 comments:

red fir said...

Wow you really like Greenhouse alot. I must give it a try sometime. (:

carolyn said...

I guess I am creature of habit too :p But Greenhouse is one of my favorite places for buffets. Another place which is nice is 190 at Four Seasons.

Do give it a try :) It is also my fave place for breakfast buffet, the spread is much more varied and nice too.