Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Bad Nasi Padang @ Food Opera, ION Orchard

This would probably be the last time I would have nasi padang at Food Opera inside ION Orchard. I was not very happy with the discrepancy in their pricing.

Already I was shocked with the previous charges but this was even worse. It stated the begedil was an additional $1.20 or $1.30 which was fine but they charged me $1.50 for it as an additional vegetables side. When I asked about it, the cashier said they have increased the pricing to $1.50. The amount was not the issue since it was just 20-30 cents more, but it was the way they could just quote an amount and expect you to accept it that I had a problem with.

It smacked of dishonesty and I definitely would not want to support a place which encouraged it. So for the above dish, it cost $8 for mediocre food. The begedil was cold and tough and lumpy. It was awful. The stingray was also very tough. Only the okras were fresh and crunchy and tasty. The sambal goreng was too watery for my liking too.

So the bottomline would be: no more patronizing Food Opera unless absolutely necessary.

No comments: