Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Random Pic of the Day (POD)

I had to drain my camera battery the other night before I could charge it again, so I started taking random pictures in my room.

One of the pictures taken was this. Soft toys and alcohol. What a combination, huh?

Basically I have no idea what to do with the soft toys so I just left them on the shelves. It would be a pity to throw or give them away since they are gifts from people through the years.

Top shelf
The dog was given by a friend in 1994. He gave a similar one to another friend too.
Hidden behind is Tenderheart Bear (old version) which was given to me during Christmas in 1988 or 1989 or 1990 by a cousin. It is still in fairly pristine condition as it was wrapped up in plastic for about 10 years of its life. This is probably considered vintage? :p
The mouse is called "Strawberry Sundae" and it was given to me by another cousin when I left for Canada. It had crossed the Pacific Ocean and across Canada countless times for it was always with me when I traveled.
The pig was a Christmas gift from a nephew in 2004 or 2005 or 2006.
The Gund bear in front of the pig was a graduation present from a dear friend in 1998.
Next to it, the tiny bear keychain in the orange tee was a gift from someone special in 2003.
The green dino was given by an old friend who probably didn't know what to do with it when he received it from BK. Hahahaha.

Middle Shelf
The bear in red sweater from Giorgio Beverly Hills which was a free gift when I bought my then fave scent "G" in 2000. It has since been discontinued.
The middle bear was my 21st birthday present from my sister. She bought it from Harrods and sent it all the way to Canada. The postage actually cost more than the bear :p
The bear with a red scarf around its neck was from La Senza in Canada. I believed I bought it during the Christmas period in 1997 or so.
The grey bear was from Sasha and I probably bought it but I do love Sasha's bear, so it will stay.

Bottom Shelf
I keep my stash of alcohol here. My room is cool and it is away from sunlight.
Absolut Vodka Peach, Tequila, Cointreau, El Senorio Mezcal, Rosetta...
Plus my essential oils and massage oils and mugs and most important of all ~ my clock.
It is a Alice in Wonderland clock which I bought eons ago in Canada. I shipped it back to Singapore when I came back.

No comments: