Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Imperial Treasure Cantonese Cuisine, Great World City

This was my first visit to the Imperial Treasure Cantonese Cuisine over at Great World City in early January this year. Amazingly, it was full house when we got there at around 8pm on a Saturday night. Then again, being Singapore, it is quite normal for restaurants to be packed, with long snaking lines on weekends. We finally got a table around 8.15pm and what do you know, most of the dishes my friend wanted to order were sold out by then. These were what she ordered.

Roast pork which was surprisingly very nice. I hardly took pork (as most had a taste/smell to me) but this was ok. Crispy crackling skin with tender meat. Nice. It came with a mustard dip which probably helped to remove any residual porky taste.

The deep fried squid and shrimps were average. It was not outstanding nor was it bad. I did not remember much of it.
The veggies were crunchy and fresh. It was good, especially when pairing it with the rice congee. We wanted something light and it was probably the last dregs of the congee since it was late at night and they actually did not really serve it anymore.
The sweet and sour pork was alright. The sauce was not too artificial tasting and I guessed it made the pork more palatable.
This was the first time I had this dish. Hand-chopped pork with salted fish. I liked it. I loved how salted fish could always bring out the flavors of a dish. The meat was super soft and not tough at all, and again, it went very well with the rice congee.

All the pork dishes, mostly because other dishes were not available that night.

2 comments:

stardust979 said...

Oh this restaurant is good! I didn't know until I went with my family last year and it's better than crystal jade. They have some interesting dishes. The crispy pork dish looks nice and sinful (and one of my favs too!) :) Good taste!

carolyn said...

I did not get to look at the menu as my friend ordered. It is one of her usual haunts so she knows what to order.

The crispy roast pork was indeed very good :D