Friday, April 30, 2010

A New Journey

It has finally happened. I managed to pass the other paper after a few attempts and so I shall be embarking on a new career path soon. It is something which I never really thought I will be doing. Finance, me? A person who loves the words and enjoys being ensconced in the beauty of language, venturing into the financial world is quite unthinkable.

I guess the saying "never say never" does apply, cos you just do not know what will happen in the future. I did like math when I was younger and did reasonably well. I am still proud of the fact that I started Primary One with a perfect 100 score in Mathematics and ended Primary Six Mathematics with another 100/100 score. Then it all went downhill after that. Hahahaha.

Anyway, while I will be in the financial industry, I am not involved in the accounting or finance aspects of it. Instead I will be in the Capital Market sector. From the little I know of the field, I find it fast paced and exciting. I think I will enjoy the analytical part of it as well as the monitoring of the economic and political situations around the world.

The reality may not be what I envisioned but at least I can say I am psyched to start the new job and finally get to know what it is all about.

It took exactly 3 months (Feb, Mar and Apr) from the classes to the exams for me to make the switch. Not too long and not too short. The timing is just right. As always, it is always in His time and not mine (mine would be Feb to Mar :p).

To God be the Glory and praise the Lord! Thank you, Father.

(I have not heard the song in so long now)
Lyrics to the hymn "To God Be The Glory"

To God be the glory, great things He has done;
So loved He the world that He gave us His Son,
Who yielded His life an atonement for sin,
And opened the life gate that all may go in.

Refrain

Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
Let the earth hear His voice!
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
Let the people rejoice!
O come to the Father, through Jesus the Son,
And give Him the glory, great things He has done.

O perfect redemption, the purchase of blood,
To every believer the promise of God;
The vilest offender who truly believes,
That moment from Jesus a pardon receives.

Refrain

Great things He has taught us, great things He has done,
And great our rejoicing through Jesus the Son;
But purer, and higher, and greater will be
Our wonder, our transport, when Jesus we see.

Refrain


4 comments:

stardust979 said...

All the best Carolyn!! :) You will do well! :)

carolyn said...

thank you :)

red fir said...

You will do it very well Carolyn. (:

carolyn said...

Thanks so much :)