Saturday, April 24, 2010

Spams from China Users

I have been receiving comments which are totally irrelevant and contained spam information. It has gotten to the stage where I am so tired of deleting them on my blog that I have finally decided to do "comment moderation".

I do enjoy getting comments from readers who have found my blog useful or just want to share their experience. I hope I will still get them despite the "moderation" bit. I know it can be tedious for people who genuinely wants to leave comments but dislike the "moderation".

But I figure it is better for me to do that than to allow these spammers (all from China so far, and reporting to Google didn't seem to work at all) to have any "air space" to promote their "whatever" via my blog.

I do not even advertise my blog address or have it as my signature in any places, so I really have no idea how these spammers find it. They are a complete nuisance!

3 comments:

celest said...

you're not alone, i had to clear them quite often these few weeks. my other colleague is screaming about it too.. so annoying.

carolyn said...

thanks for letting me know. it's terrible how they keep spamming non-stop on so many posts.

carolyn said...

you know what. i still get spams but at least it is easier to manage now. just click "reject" and it is done. i guess these spammers just do not care what they are doing at all.