Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Of Bags and Shoes

It must be a full moon or what. Cos I have been spending and spending. It is crazy. Or it is all the pent-up "want" for shopping. Lol. But it is specific shopping. Only on shoes and bags.


I have been searching for flats or low-heeled sandals/shoes for the longest time. I realized I am not that keen to wear my heels now especially since I have to walk up and down at least 4 flights of stairs at the underpass to work. Plus after spraining my ankle, I found myself loving my Birkies. I wish I can wear them everyday to work. Lol.


So yeah, I managed to buy 1 pair of low heeled shoes a couple of months back, but barely 4 wears, the rubber sole came off and I have yet to get it fixed. Hence the search continues...until Monday. Went to Substance with colleagues and saw some gorgeous shoes. So cute. Bought 3 pairs - 2 flats (pink glitters and teal green ribboned) and 1 polka dot heels. Before that, I already bought 1 pair at Tangs the Friday before.


So I should be contented, and I am. But somehow shoes and bags always go together. It is like buying eyeshadows with blushers and lipglosses or moisturizer with eye-gel. Received an sms about the Bebe sale and Denise Lassler (some brand from NY which I never heard of) at Isetan Scotts and the promo of additional 10% off with Citibank cards. Didn't think much of it until I saw the email from Citibank about the promotion. The bag featured looked not bad, like a Birkin.


Popped by Isetan Scotts last night to check it out. It was 910pm by then, so it was not crowded at all. 2 bags caught my eye. The fushcia bag and the teal green bag. Not sure why I am so into colors lately, then saw the light tan bag. It kinda grow on you and I quite like it too. Decided to buy a dirty beige bag too for my mom. It looked nice on the owner when she modeled it for me. That was apparently the bestseller in NY. It was quite a good bargain as they were clearing the stocks to make space for new collection when they opened their own boutique.


Not posting the prices else my sister will nag at me ;p

3 comments:

Unknown said...

love the bags...
will bump you on msn to ask further.

celest said...

oooh the shoes are lovely! esp. the flats... so cute! great buy! you have a tendency to buy many pairs of shoes at one go, you realised? lol... nonetheless, which girl doesn't need retail therapy once in a while? ;)

carolyn said...

yolanda: ttyl on msn :)

celest: hehe, yeah I did realize that. My record was still the 5 pairs at C&K I think :p But for bags, this is my record at moment. 4 at a go.