Saturday, May 05, 2007

SB Thos @ Raffles City

I always walked past SB Thos but the little cafe in the corner of Raffles City / Raffles the Plaza area just never really screamed out "we are open for meals". One would usually see the counter with cakes and cookies that you thought they only sell baked goods.

Then I read about it serving sandwiches and light snacks like pies, quiches, muffins etc, so I always wanted to try but never got the opportunity until recently.

We were there early, just slightly after 1130am so the place was not crowded at all. We got a table by the side of the glass railing, so it overlooked the foyer of the escalators coming up to Raffles City Convention Centre via Swissotel the Stamford.

I originally ordered Busy Ben which has tandoori chicken, apple ratia and mint chutney, but they ran out of it. So I changed it to S B Club. That includes roasted chicken, smoked ham, bacon and fried egg. The sandwich came a side of potato salad and some greens. I think the bread (I think I asked for sourdough) was toasted for too long that it was very hard and crispy and it just scraped the roof of the mouth, making it very hard to eat.
I would say the food is average, but it is a nice place to be if you want some place quiet or just for simple food.

No comments: