Monday, May 21, 2007

Santa Fe Tex-Mex Grill on board Stewords Riverboat



The Stewords Riverboat has moved from Sentosa to Marina South Pier. For those who like the rocking sensation of a boat, this will be a perfect venue for dining out. There are 2 restaurants on the boat - Santa Fe and Breaking Bread (opening late May 2007) - and a private dining area, inclusive of a cabin with attached bathroom and outdoor jacuzzi.

I am not an expert on Tex-Mex food and frankly, I can't really tell the difference between it and Mexican food. I like my quesadillas, burritos, fajitas and chips with cheese dip or salsa.

There was a media event last week and I got to try some of the dishes. I like the quesadillas, delicious with the guacamole and sour cream. The mushroom soup is creamy with real shiitake mushrooms. The bbq babyback ribs really slipped off the bones. Very tender and no-porky taste/smell at all.

The fajitas is good, the beef is made from striploin cuts. Soft, not hard at all. The tex-mex chicken is also tender, I can cut it using my fork. The enchilada is a bit too sour for my liking. The chocolate truffle cake is really nice!

As I am prone to motion sickness, I think I will stick to eating at the Santa Fe outside Far East Plaza. But the Riverboat is great for a different dining location and has excellent view of the clear sea and lush greenery and beautiful sunset. Plus there is the private dining area, perfect for private parties with friends.

No comments: