Tuesday, May 01, 2007

MAC Pret-a-Porter Brush Set

Sometimes it is a case of follow the crowd, monkey sees, monkey does thing, and sometimes it works and other times, it doesn't. So I bought the MAC Pret-a-Porter brush set without any knowledge of what it is and why it is good. All I know was it came highly recommended by my friend as well as the MA at the counter. I am not really into brushes as I am quite happy with my current EL brush set (fit to be retired as they are going to be 10 years old soon), plus I really prefer to use my fingers for eyeshadow application.

Doing some research online now, it seemed like the brush set was released last Christmas and was an online exclusive thing retailing at US$217.
The set is a black satin brush roll appliquéd with black beads and a velvet fasten. It contained 8 essential brushes. For the face: the 129 Powder/Blush, 187 Duo-Fibre Face and 190 Foundation. For the eyes: the 213 Fluff, 219 Pencil, 224 Tapered Blending and 266 Small Angle. For the lips: the 318 retractable Lip Brush.

I am not sure how soon I will be trying them out but likely when I have more time to play with the makeup I have.

P.S. I tried the Zandra Rhodes eye palette and I love it! The colors are gorgeous. Only drawback is the layout of strips instead of squares. I always find it harder to get the colors when they are in strips.

No comments: