Monday, June 05, 2006

Continuation to Cafe Cartel Saga

Well, I was at Junction 8 and decided to try the Cafe Cartel there. Oh what a difference it was in service. I was impressed with the service level at Bishan, drastically different from the one at Plaza Singapura.

Well, I found out the wait staff will come over to take your order even though there is an order chit pad on the table. Each and everyone of the staff pays attention to the diners and will always ask if they need anything. This is really service, well worth the 10% service charge.

I requested for butter for my blueberries pancakes, and the waitress asked if I will also like to have maple syrup too. Kudos to her for her initiative. Later I was searching for black pepper and tabasco sauce and was going to get up to take them from the bread counter when another waitress came by and asked me what I required. She brought them to me with no complaints. Water was topped up without asking.

Staff was knowledgeable and made good recommendations. I was served by 4-5 different wait staff and all of them did so cheerfully. Even for payment of bill, they will bring the bill to you. Thumbs up for the outlet at Junction 8.

I still wouldn't go to the one at Plaza Singapura.

No comments: