Sunday, June 04, 2006

Heads or Tails

No, this is not a coin toss. Instead, Heads or Tails is a new foodstall at Tangs Market Place. It took over the Vietnamese stall which I have never tried at all.

Heads or Tails is a franchaise from Thailand and it serves simple fare. Toasted bread with the spread of your choice, and it is swiftly sliced into cubes, complete with toothpick to pick up a tasty morsel.

I read about this place in CC (a fount of information) and couldn't resist trying the bread. Yes, so I broke my diet again by having sweets. I tried the Iced Thai milk tea (my fave drink), together with the "chicken floss with sweet chili paste" and "ovaltine on condensed milk" on toast.

The spreads are so simple. Stuff which you have probably put into your sandwich or toast before at home. The specialty is the kaya toast, but I didn't want to try that as I thought it would be similar to the usual kaya toast from Killiney or Ya Kun. They do have many flavors - pandan kaya, vanilla kaya and yam kaya. There are also peanut butter spread, fruit jam, etc.



The floss with sweet chili sauce is interesting. I quite like the contrast of the salty floss with the sweet spicy chili. The ovaltine with condensed milk will definitely give you a sugar high. I think I used to do that with milo powder instead at home. Same with the floss, except it was over margarine/butter, not sweet chili paste.

If this incites a craze, soon we shall see "copycats" sprouting all over the islands or being offered on the menus of Ya Kun, Killiney and other kaya toast coffee outlets.

I still don't understand Blogspot way of posting pictures. Can't seem to upload the rest of the pics :(

No comments: