Thursday, June 15, 2006

Cool Feature - M1


I am not sure when it happened, but I noticed this cool thing on my phone yesterday. It actually showed the location I am at! I usually only have this function when my phone is on roaming in another country - Australia, Thailand, Malaysia, etc. It will usually tell me where I am at.

Even now I am home, it tells me the street I am at. Today, earlier in the office, I notice it flashed Armenian, NTUC Income, Peninsula, Adelphi, etc. I wonder if this is something new from M1. To have this feature in Singapore too.


And yes, I know I am carrying a way too old phone. But I love this phone and it has served me well since I have it, err...since 2001? I can't remember but I am currently on my 3rd battery, and it typically lasted 2 years, so you can do the math.

I do want to change my phone, but I have yet to find a Nokia phone which is as light as this. This is only 81g. I need a light phone as I carry too many things in my bag - PDA, camera, mini ipod, wallet, cardholder, etc, but no proper makeup pouch for touch-up :p

So until Nokia comes up with that, I am still stuck with this.

No comments: