Saturday, June 10, 2006

MAC Lure Collection 2006 Loot

MAC Lure Collection Loot
I was lured by the colors to check the new collection. The shades are of the sea, reminiscent of the iridescent blue-green of the ocean, where mermaids dwelled.

I bought 3 eyeshadows - Waternymph, Aquavert and Mancatcher - plus 2 fluidlines - Haunting and Delphic. This is the first time I ever tried the fluidlines and I am impressed. They are so soft and apply easily. What is great is that you can use it as a base too. Yay! I really can't wait to try all sorts of combinations. I love the aqua-pearl casing, which has shimmers to it. Really pretty.

What struck me was that I bought similar shades during the Madame B collection launch. 2 greens and 1 purple - Meadowland, Metamorph and Plum.

With flash


No flash

After reading the reviews on MUA, I am seriously contemplating if I should buy backups of Delphic and Haunting as I have heard that fluidlines dry very fast after opening. Hmmm.

MAC Teals

Initially I thought Waternymph looked so much like Meadowland, but it isn't. It is closer to Shimmermoss. Some said it is a cross between Aquadisiac and Shimmermoss, or is like Parrot with less blue, or even teal pigment.


MAC Purples

The purples which I thought looked similar but were not (though Mancatcher is supposed to be a dead ringer to Lovely Lily pigment - lucky I do not have that)

My major cosmetics haul after a 2 months hiatus. Let the spending begin again. Next haul will be the SweetieCake collection in July. Simply gorgeous. So sweet. I am also thinking of getting full-sized pigments for a few colors - maybe I should buy Softwash Grey instead of waiting. I think I will use that as the color is so me, doubt my sample size can last me that long.


MAC is launching the new collections every other weeks. Bait and Hooked will be out in June too. I am also waiting for the pigments from the She Shines collection. Thank God there is nothing else from Stila which catches my eye.

1 comment:

celest said...

great buys! (i knew you'd like lure cuz they're all your colours - the purples and greens) ;) lure's colours and names are so enticing, they make me wanna buy too. but then again, i know it'll only end up rotting some where in my drawer :P so better stay away, just keep the postcard. i bought one fluidline for my colleague at the EL sale, and she fell in love with it - kept raving to me. maybe i should tempt her to get this collection too... hehehe.