Saturday, June 24, 2006

Elements Spa

I had a badly needed remedial massage today at Elements Spa. It is getting harder to have an appointment there, what with the GSS happening now and the countless promotions going on. My shoulders and neck were very tense and ached too much.

It didn't help that I had to stand the entire time in the two days I was at CommunicAsia earlier the week. Plus I had to carry my heavy bag with me while standing and walking. It was pure torture on the shoulders.

I started off with the Shiatsu-like remedial massage and ended with the therapist stepping on me. I have no idea what that is called, but there is a bar attached to the ceiling for this purpose. She used her feet to step and massage by back. It was not too painful when she was standing on the back of my thighs. But it hurt lots on the back of the calves and on the upper arms. She also used her toes to nudge the spine area, "cracking" the back, re-aligning the spine, I suppose. It was a relief to get the tension out.

The neck felt more supple and relaxed after that and I dozed off when she was massaging my neck and head. It was that good. Hopefully I can keep this calm and relaxed stage for a much longer time now.

No comments: