Sunday, June 25, 2006

New phones?

Recently I find myself contemplating buying a new cell phone. Everyone who knows me will definitely think it's high time I get on with the times and get something more trendy or up to date. Even my ex-colleague got on my case (and he is a guy!) and said the phone I am using now does not match my image. Haha. Errr...what image is that, I wonder ;p

I really do love my current phone, antique as it is. It has not really given me any trouble and because it is so basic with none of the bells and whistles, it does not hang on me at all. However, it gave me a scare few days back when the audio went dead. No one could hear me talking but I can hear them perfectly well. Turned out a screw was loose. Now it is tightened so it is working again, but who knows when it will die on me again. So far I have dropped the phone twice a few months back, and the entire casing fell apart. That could be the reason. Otherwise my phone is fine, except for the expected battle scars (read = scratches).

One reason why I have been hesitant to change my phone is that it is only 81g light. It is so hard to find a phone that light, what with all the software and functions in new phones. But I find myself leaning towards getting a Motorola phone now. I like the rounded cuteness of the Moto PEBL. It comes in bright vibrant colors of pink, blue, green and orange besides the usual black. The drawback is the weight. It weighs a whopping 115g!


The other option is Motorola Razr V3i in maroon. The Razr has also caught my eye since it was launched last year. I like the slimness of it. It is slightly heavy too at 97g.

Oh well, I am still considering if I want to move away from Nokia now.

No comments: