Monday, October 23, 2006

Bao Today

Wooden window, looking out into the mall

I decided to try Bao Today at Marina Square Shopping Mall as it is fairly new and I was curious to see what they sell. The decor is done in the traditonal drama serials type of inns. Wooden tables and stools, complete with the wooden windows.

The dishes served are mostly dim sum types - shrimp dumplings, rice rolls, century egg and lean meat porridge, siew mai, baos and even the sharkfin dumpling soup.


I tried the shrimp dumplings and porridge. The dumplings were huge. They were average, the skin was thicker than what I like it to be. The filling was pretty generous, with many shrimps in it.

The century egg and lean meat porridge (congee) was quite tasty. I like that. I would like to go back again to try the seasame filled bun next time, or with more people to try more dishes.

No comments: