Monday, October 23, 2006

Lunch at Modesto's


Met Tanny for lunch today and decided to go to Modesto's. It was a quiet afternoon, not many people at all. We sat outside as it wasn't too warm, nor was it too hazy today. It was a pity the executive set lunch menu was not very appetizing at all. So we decided to share a basket of garlic bread, calamari and the black ink seafood pasta.

The garlic bread is good, but I still prefer the one at Esmirada's for garlic bread as it is served as a loaf, and always warm. The calamari is pretty good, not too rubbery. I always ordered the black ink seafood pasta when I go to Modesto's. I love the prawn bisque sauce which is slightly sweet and flavorful. The pasta is al dente and the prawns and scallops were good.

For dessert, we decided to hop over to Hard Rock Cafe. I heard good things about the mudpie so we had that instead of the usual brownie. The last time I had the brownie (2005), I was a bit disappointed because it was presented in a huge sundae glass, instead of on a deep-dish plate. I prefer the old way of presentation and it was so much better too. The mudpie was pretty good, the chocolate ice cream on top was really chocolatey with a slight bitter aftertaste. The bottom layer is coffee ice cream and you can't go wrong with that. However I think Coffee Club mudpie is better than HRC.

Location:
Modesto's
Orchard Parade Hotel

No comments: