Saturday, October 07, 2006

Jaggi's Northern Indian Cuisine


Met my cousins for lunch and Toad suggested Indian food, so off we went to Little India.

I rarely go to Little India so it is always quite interesting to be there. We went to this small eatery called Jaggi's Northern Indian Cuisine along Race Course Road (near Farrer Park mrt) and very close to Delhi's (another good Indian restaurant) and Banana Leaf.

I prefer North Indian food, probably cos I like naans and the pureed veggies :p Plus it is more yoghurt based, rather than coconut-based. I am still not a big fan of tandoori chicken, maybe cos I have not had any that is really fantastic but I love butter chicken. Yum!


Toad ordered the food for us since he knows the place better, plus the staff knows him too. We had the fish head curry (really good!), chicken curry, pureed spinach and paneer and okras with naans (garlic, plain and butter). All these were washed down with a glass of mango lassi (very rich and sweet with real mango).

Excellent fare. The naans were so crispy and fresh from the oven. I would want to go back again and try other dishes.

Location
Jaggi's Northern Indian Cuisine
34/36 Race Course Road
Singapore 218 553
Tel : 2966141
Fax : 2960780

No comments: