Saturday, October 07, 2006

Cedele @ Raffles City

Turkey sandwich and broccoli & portobello mushroom soup

Cedele is another place which serves pretty decent soups and sandwiches. It is started by The Bakery Depot at Siglap area. The Bakery Depot has a wonderful selection of bread and I used to frequent there when I first came back as Siglap is one of the usual hangouts after church.

Cedele has grown and now has many outlets in Singapore. I like its selection of sandwiches, salads, desserts and soups. While it usually only has 4 varieties of soup to choose from daily, the menu changes everyday. I just discovered its website posted the soup/salad schedule for the entire week (subject to change) which is pretty cool. Now I know I can check what is available before heading down. Usually it was a surprise for me as to what was available :p

I love the turkey and brie on walnut bread. The nutty flavor is a bit sweet and when toasted goes very well with the fillings. The sandwich is delicious as the turkey came with cranberry sauce which complements it perfectly, likewise for the brie. That day, the broccoli and portobello mushroom soup was available, so I had that too. I love broccoli and mushroom so that is a marvelous combination. Despite my sweet tooth, I rarely order the desserts. Hehe. Good self control, eh? :p

No comments: