Saturday, October 14, 2006

Passage New York

I went to Passage New York on Cecil Street today under a UOB credit card promotion. It is a rose facial and body massage with rose essential oil. I did the body massage first as they didn't have a slot for the facial (that will be done at another time).

The place is pretty nice, very European style. There are around 20+ treatment rooms, including couple rooms, and some rooms have a jacuzzi bathtub. Most rooms are of a decent size with a shower room (looks like those portable type, didn't open it up) and the beds are heated.

The place is like a labyrinth with many walkways that I got disoriented when going and coming back to treatment room from the washroom. The washroom area has changing rooms, a round jacuzzi, steambath, mini vanity area, shower rooms and toilets.

Scattered in between the walkways are plush armchairs with reading materials, probably for when you are in between treatments.

The therapist who massaged me, she was very strong. I requested for firm pressure but she used too much strength that it hurt, and despite me telling her to reduce the pressure, she would revert back to the strong pressure after a while. So overall, I didn't really enjoy the massage. Halfway through the session, I heard loud thumping music. Turned out there is a dance studio upstairs and the noise reverberated from there. Not relaxing at all as it kinda drowned out the soothing music played at the spa. And there is no rose scent at all for a rose massage!

PLUS the consultant was quite "hard sell". I told her I would consider the package offer only after I complete the facial as I really dislike having to make my decision on the spot when the therapist is not that fantastic for me, and the noise too. I told the consultant that, and she still whipped out different packages for me. Really put me off.

In the end, she agreed to let me consider after I try the facial, which will happen another day. So the place is not as bad as some other "hardsell spas" as I wasn't kept in the room for long. I think it is the culture of PASSAGE to hardsell as when I was outside making payment, another lady came by. Think she is the boss or something, and she kept telling me how great she felt after losing weight (from 80kg to 54kg) and asked me if I am doing anything to lose weight, and kept insisting that I should do that. That I would definitely feel better when I am thin :blah:

For those thinking of trying PASSAGE using promo voucher or something, just be prepared for the hardsell tactics.

Verdict: Place is nice, pity the people (staff) do not really match. More headache/stress from the hardsell.

Location:
PASSAGE New York
133 Cecil Street#01-01B
Keck Seng Tower
Singapore 069535
Tel: 62260888
http://www.passage.com.sg/

No comments: