Sunday, October 01, 2006

Phuket : Part IV

Too many pictures to upload, so here are the selected quirky and "nice" few.

Saw this beautiful image of the sun setting while walking along Beach Road at Patong and just had to snap it. A bit blurry though. I noticed my camera takes a while to warm up in Phuket. Maybe it was the change in temperatue from aircon room to the hot humid air. But it doesn't happen that was way in Singapore *shrug*

I am actually very pleased (read = proud) of this shot as it looks like such a typical postcard. Lol. I was just trying to take the pic of the guy on the jetski, as well as the sea, beach and some deckchairs. I was walking along Beach Road in the morning, after breakfast and it was real windy then. See how the waves are moving. That was the morning I got drenched and kinda "flashed" myself to the world in my thin pale peach cotton dress *embarassing moment*

Top 2 pictures showed a girl parasailing. See the dark clouds gathering before unleashing its load. I thought it was cute...the turtles buried in the sand and on the sidewalk, kinda showing the marine life...where the turtles will move to the shore to lay their eggs and then go back to the sea. I am not sure if it happens in Phuket but it is common in Malaysia. Though there are many people who went to pick up the turtle eggs (look like ping pong balls) and thus reducing their population now.

These are taken at Kata Noi Beach at Katathani where I was staying. The resort faced the entire beach, your very own private beach. It was a nice stroll. The waves were much stronger than at Patong. Footprints in the sand...reminded me of the famous "Christian story" where God is carrying you so you only see 1 set of footprints. I always like to look at footprints in the sand...marking the sand of time. Also see how the waves were crashing onto the rocks.

Here I show my city roots by taking pictures of common farm animals. The restaurant people probably thought I am nuts to take pictures of the animals. But it is so cool....the pigs running wild, the ducks, chickens waddling around. It is so rare (maybe non existant now) to see these in the wild in Singapore.

That's all on Phuket. Till next year, maybe.

No comments: