Saturday, September 30, 2006

Phuket : Part III

Beef noodles, pots of condiments, breakfast at Burasari

Food again. Surprisingly I didn't really get to sample much of Thai food. Quite sad actually. I was mostly on a 2 meals thing in Phuket as after breakfast, I wasn't really very hungry. And it made sense since I didn't expend much energy. So I either have breakfast and late lunch or breakfast and early dinner. So for this trip, I didn't have any tom yam soup or my usual beef noodles or pineapple rice and green curry. Stuff that I usually have in the Thai restaurant in Singapore.

I ordered a beef noodles soup at one of the restaurants along the beach, but to my dismay, it came with minced meat. Definitely not what I expected. I only went to Baskins Robbins once too :( Maybe that is a good thing as ice cream is not a "healthy food " :p I tried the pad thai at another restaurant facing the beach but it was really salty, not very nice at all. This time it was all new places for food. I think I would stick to the hawker stalls that I usually frequented in the future. At least I know the beef noodles soup was good and the tom yam soup etc was marvellous.

And I actually had western food there (yes, hit me, please :p). Went to a pizza joint and had pizza. Actually that was good. Hehe. I like that. The burger at Kata Beach was so-so only, but they did a very nice Thai iced milk tea. I am wondering if this Thai iced tea is only found in Singapore as not many Thais know what it is. And they always looked at me in askance when I asked if they have that. Some will be puzzled for a while and then nodded their heads and asked if I am from Singapore. Lol. I also tried their iced coffee, which is very good too.


But I did have some authentic hawker food at Surin Beach, near Kamala Beach. It was great. Ordered from them and they will bring the food over to the public tables and benches. So you can enjoy the food and the view and sea breeze. Ordered grilled chicken, papaya salad and sticky rice. Nice! Definitely cheaper than in the restaurants.

No comments: