Thursday, September 28, 2006

Phuket : Part I

Burasari - Outdoor daybed at reception to rest, swimming pool

I just came back from Phuket and took lots of scenery shots. So the update on Phuket will be in drips, and in segment.

This was my 3rd visit there in 2 years. I was pretty surprised that I would like Phuket after my 1st trip. I never had a good impression of Phuket and so it never crossed my mind to travel there. My 1st visit was such a whirlwind affair! It was a spur of moment trip I took with an ex-colleague as I was stressed at work and wanted a break and she was looking for a companion for a weekend jaunt. We left on Saturday morning and came back on Sunday evening. That was the first time I had a purely relaxing trip, with nothing to distract me. Maybe it was also because I went after the tsunami and so there were less tourists in end May, and the people were really warm and friendly. Plus I fell in love with the hotel (Burasari) and the pool. So I went back again a few months later.

For this trip, I stayed at the Burasari again. I may be adventurous, but sometimes I like to stick to the tried and tested. Plus I was really happy there. It is a boutique hotel, small and very personal. But now it has expanded with a new wing, so I am not sure if things will be the same if I go back again next year. I was pleasantly surprised that some of the staff remembered me from previous stays. The service is also very good, very polite and attentive.

New outdoor dining - restaurant was moved outdoor while renovations were carrued out indoor

I like the breakfast too. Hehe. The spread is not huge but it is substantial. Egg station, western style of bacon, sausages (pork or chicken), ham, potatoes (done in different ways daily), grilled mushrooms (my fave), grilled tomatoes, baked beans, french toast, pancakes, 4 types of Asian dishes (fried rice, fried noodles/flat noodles, meat stirfry and mixed veggies) and a congee pot.

There are also danishes, croissants, breads, rolls, yoghurt, muesli, cereals (3 types), jams (strawberry, pineapple, marmalade), fruits and 3 types of juices (pineapple, orange and grape or apple), plus a small salad spread.

Table indoor at the "old" restaurant



Wow, that does look like a lot! Anyway, I am quite boring when it came to breakfast. I usually start with pomelo with yoghurt and some muesli over it. Followed by an omelette and pieces of crispy bacons, 1 chicken sausage, some rice/noodles, and grilled mushrooms.

No comments: