Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Singapore Botanics Garden


This reminds of me the flintstones - Bedrock. Don't ask me why.

I decided to drive to the Singapore Botanic Gardens on Sunday evening as I didn't want to be coop up at home. Thought the fresh air and greenery will do me good. Met up with Tanny as she lives nearby and we had a good long walk for about 2 hrs, with a break for dinner at the new food court (Taman Serasi) at Tanglin Gate. After many months of closure for renovations, it is finally open. There is a huge complex (I didn't get to explore that), a new carpark with more parking lots and the food court at the Tanglin section, all new including the main gate.

What caught my attention was the Evolution Garden. I didn't even know it existed or when it was open for visitors. Usually my trip to the gardens was to the Symphony Lake, where there were open air concerts, and where we would usually lay down our mats and just enjoy the music. Or I will walk around the gardens, towards Swan Lake, passed Ginger Garden and Orchid Garden.

This time round, I parked at the lot next to the underground parking near the visitor center. And right next to the carpark is the Evolution Garden. I love that! Maybe because I love history and geography, so I was intrigued to read about how the first plant came to life on Earth. It was a good walk.

Iguana? Cafe Iguana...Hmmm...

I like that they try to blend in the drinking fountain with the fossilized trunk or surroundings

In the distance, the beauty of the lake is marred by the cranes (not the birds) and 2 high-rise buildings

1 comment:

celest said...

oooh.. i love that last pic!!! nice sky-art. oh btw, i agree with you on the 2nd pic., reminds me of flintstones too :)