Sunday, September 17, 2006

Lunch Feast

There were so much food for lunch! Cereal prawns, fishhead curry, steam cod, asparagus with dried shrimp, a omelette dish with beansprouts and dried scallops, fried seaweed chicken, fried pork chop strips, panfried egg tofu, steamed pomfret (from last night) and soup. 10 dishes!

All because sis said she will be coming back for lunch. Usually there will be around 5-6 dishes for Sunday lunch cos my brother and wife will usually be here. I seldom eat at home so they know not to cook for me, and I am quite simple. I will just eat whatever is available. I don't usually make requests though mother will always buy cod and salmon for me as these are easy to steam or grill for 1 person (for when I want to eat at home). Mother always make an effort to remember what we like - fried stuff for brother and BIL, sister will request for what she wants and for BIL. Healthy stuff for dad and me - we usually have fish and veggies. So usually if I am home for dinner, there are usually only 3-4 dishes (fish, veggies and something else and soup). And now that I am on the Eat Right for Blood Type diet (semi-following), she gets the grapefruit juice for me so that I can have it every morning.

I guess one can guess (based on this blog) that I eat out more than I eat in. That is usually because of work. It is quite late when I leave the office and I hate to eat late actually. Ideally, I would want to eat around 530pm or 6pm. Nothing after 7pm (except when I am out socializing with friends for dinner). I don't have breakfast but I will have an early lunch (around 12noon). I find two meals work for me very well. But sometimes it is habit or social norms that made me eat just cos it is breakfast time, lunchtime and dinnertime.

No comments: