Sunday, September 17, 2006

Starbucks Mooncakes


I finally bought the mooncakes from Starbucks. I always knew they have mooncakes but somehow I didn't really try it. Maybe that was because I was avoiding all the coffee joints since 2003 when I was trying to be healthy and stopped drinking all the drinks at those places.

Anyway, I was at Starbucks a few weeks back with Celest and I saw the mooncakes. The guy offered us the samples and I was blown away by the caramel machiato mooncake. I love caramel machiato for the drink. There were 2 other flavors - Cranberry Hibiscus and Orange Citron.


In the box, there were 2 snowskin mooncakes for each flavors and 6 sachets of tea (Camomile, green tea, mint, english breakfast, earl grey and passion). Tea usually goes well with mooncakes as the plainness of tea counteract the sweetness of the mooncakes. The caramel machiato has a robust espresso flavor which just wakes you up with its aroma. The cranberry hibiscus is interesting. A bit tangy floral taste. The orange citron is zesty and refreshing. Certainly not run of the mill ultra-sweet mooncakes.

For more information:
http://www.starbucks.com.sg/moby/cms/promotions/midautumn2006.html

2 comments:

monochromatix said...

wow :| wth... That looks, um, interesting :P

If I saw them here I'm not sure if I would buy them or run away really fast :D

carolyn said...

Haha. you have to buy to try them. I just got back from Phuket, Thailand. The Starbucks there also sells mooncakes but in different flavors. They are the usual big size and is in traditional pastry crust but in different flavors.