Monday, August 25, 2008

Chiang Mai Night Bazaar

We went out to the Night Bazaar which was fortunately just right outside the hotel. So we didn't have to walk too far at all. There were two bazaars in the area.
The Chiang Mai Night Bazaar which was filled with makeshift stalls lining the street as well as shops inside the buildings. They do sell the same things though - accessories, fake stuff, sarongs, dvds, cds, and whatever not.
The Kalare Night Bazaar where there was a free cultural performance every night and an outdoor food court plus the numerous shops selling the same things too.
The cultural dance performance. I left V to do her shopping. If I am considered a shopaholic, you have not met V. She shopped even more than I do and it was the first time I realized that about her. And we have traveled together in Canada/USA/KL before and she never really shopped then.
I was feeling peckish and thirsty, so I decided to try the oyster omelette.
See how the chef cooked the omelette. Very quick hand movements.
Close up of the oyster omelette. Not too bad but not as good as in Bangkok. I am starting to think that for good Thai food, one must go to Bangkok.
I love the coconut drink. I had so many coconut drinks when in Chiang Mai :) Coconut and the Thai iced milk tea or coffee. Yummy.

No comments: