Thursday, August 14, 2008

Chiang Mai - Silver Industry

I saw Amway once we left the airport in the transfer van. I seemed to be surrounded by Amway references no matter where I go.

The jasmine "lei" which the travel agency people actually put over our heads. They even took a picture, but surprisingly didn't try to sell that to us. Anyway, we didn't bother wearing it for long and wound them round our wrists instead. Flower bracelets.
Just outside the hotel and after lunch at the hotel next door. The food was nothing to write about. It was buffet but nothing nice at all. We hardly ate much. While food was provided as part of the package, the bottled water we ordered was extra charge.
The first home industry we were brought to - sterling silver. A lady carving or making patterns on silver.
You could also try your hand in making your own designs using the hammer and long "nails"
A dragon seat. I just had to take a pic of that. I looked pretty tired here.

No comments: