Friday, August 01, 2008

Chicago's Steakhouse @ Orchard Cineleisure

It was the company outing - dinner at Chicago's Steakhouse and then karaoke at K-Box. TH was leaving for Australia and so it was like a farewell thing. I decided to make it a set meal and so it came with soup of the day (cream of fish) and 1 piece of garlic bread and drink.

The soup was not bad, but certainly not my fave. I didn't finish it. The garlic bread was very good though. Warm, crusty and flavorful. Nice.
I had the ribeye steak in Queen's portion with wild mushroom sauce. Errr...I didn't expect it be to like that. Tasted more like cream cheese sauce or something. Too creamy but it was very nice too (only if you like cheese or cream). The ribeye was a bit tough for a medium steak. Bloody pink too. The baked potato was good with the sour cream but I wish it came with the works - chives, bacon bits, butter etc. The steamed veggies were boring and hard.

I don't think I will come back here in a jiffy though the service was good. The food was not really that mind-blowing. Average western fare. Reasonable prices if you come for the set lunch and it lasts till 4pm. Pretty long.

No comments: