Sunday, August 17, 2008

Chiang Rai Hot Spring

This was actually my favorite part of the trip. Chiang Ria where the weather was much cooler and it felt like being in an air conditioned place. If only the weather would always stay like that worldwide. The hot spring in Chiang Rai. It was actually more like a geyser and not the hot spring I would have envision. You definitely could not have a soak in it. Then again, it was probably too hot anyway.
See the sign board stating it is a hot spring? I was pretty surprised that this place was very well maintained. Not modern but definitely clean.
VC and I taking one of the very few pics together. Yeah, we were there.
The view from across the hot spring. The mountains and valleys. Lots of that during the 4 hour journey from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai.
With hot spring, there would be sulphur eggs. I don't really know the correct names, but I remembered the hot spring in Taiwan also had sulphur eggs for sale. The sulphur sure stank mightily. Quail and chicken eggs for sale.
The ladies carrying baskets of eggs for sale. They would cook the eggs in the well if there are interested customers.
The shops lining both sides of the hot spring. The washrooms were surprisingly very clean too. Tiled floor with proper modern plumbing. A very pleasant and welcome surprise. And yes, the stores sell silver jewelry, Thai handicrafts and touristy stuff and clothes. The usual.
One of the coffee shops around. I ordered an iced Thai milk tea. I love the milk tea and coffee in Thailand.

No comments: