Monday, August 18, 2008

Ciba Vision AquaComfort Plus

I received 5 trial pairs of Ciba Vision daily disposable contact lenses as part of the Shape Run runner's kit goodies. Unfortunately they didn't fit me at all.

They were very thin and I hardly felt them when worn. Unfortunately they were a pain to remove as the thinness made it so hard to pinch them out (after 2 hours of wearing).

I tried another pair a couple of days ago and one lens actually popped out of the eye. I was so shocked. I was just testing the new colors at the MAC counter when it came out. I couldn't do much since my fingers were full of shimmery eyeshadow colors. The MAC MA just shrugged and pointed me to the nearest washroom to clean my hands.

I was pretty disappointed by that service and attitude as how could it not have any water at all? Or couldn't the MA just wet a tissue or something and let me clean my hand first before I went to the washroom to settle my contact lens issue? Luckily I was familiar with the store and popped upstairs to the washroom and try to wash my hands and not drop the lens down the sink.

In the end, I managed to rinse a little with the eyedrops. Then I went to find the nearest optical shop (I didn't manage to find small vials of saline solution in the drugstores) for help. The people at Capitol Optical allowed me to use their saline to rinse my lens, which was very nice of them. Not sure if they still practise it, but they used to service/clean the conventional permanent lenses very quarter. The optician said it popped out either my eye was dry or it was too big.

After a day of wearing, it was still a pain to remove the lenses as they tend to stick to the eyeballs. The one which popped out was easier to remove after I dripped eyedrops into the eye. But the other lens, it just hugged the eyeball and refused to budge. Despite the numerous eye drops dripped into the eye and trying to "soak" or "wash" with water, it remained stuck. I started to panic after many attempts.

I wondered if I would need to go see a doctor or if I would scratch the cornea accidentally if I forced it. The lens was just too thin to be pinched out. It was probably too big too as I could hardly see or feel the bottom rim of the lens. I couldn't even move it around the eye, unlike my regular lenses. Thank God I finally managed to get it out, and by then my eye was all red and blurry.

I am giving my eyes a bit of rest for the moment before I wear contact lenses again. So yeah, I returned the lenses to the optical shop as they don't fit at all.

No comments: