Friday, December 26, 2008

BCBG, FCUK, Island Shop Sale

More places where you could get things at a lower cost. If you have been monitoring the newspapers, forums or emails, etc, you would have received information on such bazaars or sales. Just in the last few weeks or even since end October/early November, the shops have been trying to get consumers to part with their dollars.

We went to the Designer Bazaar which featured brands such as BCBG, French Connection UK (FCUK) and Island Shop from a few or couple of seasons back. I am still puzzling over the Island Shop connection as I always thought that was either under Tangs or the Gamut group. Oh well, guess it did not matter much since prices were slashed to up to 70% off.

We did not go on the first day (bargain hunters would really go on the first day when it opened doors) but on the 2nd last day at night, just a couple of hours before closing. So we did not have to battle the crowd and for such events, I prefer to be a scavenger. Lol. Just pick through what is left over and hope there is something in my size. These are things which are not die, die must have. For such items, usually I would pay full price or something when I saw it in the store.

My most expensive item of the lot. A BCBG dress. It was down from $599 (usual price in the store). Plus there was an additional 15% on all non-special item price. With Citibank credit card, you get another 10% off.

I like the broad striped straps and belted waist. It made it not too delicate and frilly for a day dress.

I love this BCBG skirt too. The satin high waist gave a leaner look while the cut just hugs the curve.

And the show stealer - the bow tied at the back. So feminine in a stark black, otherwise boring skirt. Plus this was the cheapest item. I think this must be a really old season piece as it was only $20! (With Citibank cc promo, be less than that). Usual price was $300 or so? Don't remember now.

I saw this top at the French Connection store at Raffles City the other day but in different colors. It was probably about the same price or promo since the store was also having its own sale and promotion with AMEX card. Somehow the cutting was bigger at the shop, and this was not as loose.
I like this too. I love cowl neckline. Somehow it gives an illusion of layering.

And the back is equally sexy too, with its deep drop to make it almost backless. A hint of skin.

A simple cream cowl neck top from Island Shop. I wanted to get more items but budget constraints too. Still I picked up all these for a fraction of its original cost at the retail shop.

My gf saved about 80% for all her buys. Bottomline: you can still get nice things if you know where to search and if you are patient too. We spent close to 2 hours just browsing and trying and selecting and discarding.

No comments: