Sunday, December 21, 2008

Hawker Food Culture

I was very surprised to see this billboard over at the Zion Road Hawker Centre (the one across from Great World City). It actually explained how hawker centre worked and the food available. I have only seen or rather I only read the Must Try dishes on the billboard over at Newton Food Center.
So these are the must try dishes at the billboard over at Zion Road Food Center. I am not sure if those dishes are actually available there. So far I only know the Char Kway Teow is famous. And there is an Adam Road prawn noodles too. I like the soya bean and bean curd ah balling too.

The procedures when eating at hawker centers. Very useful for foreigners. I had a hard time trying to explain it my visitors from overseas when they come to Singapore, so this will come in handy :)

2 comments:

celest said...

i'm not sure if all hawker centres have these signages now... but the one at holland village has one for sure. they feature some "most popular dishes" but not all are available within the same hawker centre itself.

carolyn said...

Maybe they only have that for hawker centres which see more tourists.