Monday, December 15, 2008

Hyatt Mezza Tea Again

LG loved the oysters and prawns so much from our previous visit to Mezza Tea at Hyatt that she asked to go again before the year is out. So off we went over the weekend to Hyatt for the brunch/tea.

The spread was basically the same as before with minor changes such as Christmas desserts and different flavored ice creams and kacang puteh nuts and soup.
The dessert table near our table. We were given the same table as before. I still did not try the chocolate fountain. I think I am off chocolate fountain for now.
Gorgeous sweet strawberries. The fruits were very yummy. The mangoes were so sweet, likewise for the melons.

The christmas log cake and a mango cake thing. There were stollen too.

My first real plate of food :p Half a dozen oysters and the prawns and egg sandwich. This was good.

2nd plate filled with prawns, mussels and smoked salmon bagel. The bagel was very hard and dry, so I didn't finish that. I also took a bowl of mushroom soup but it was awful, not much taste at all. Not as good as previously which had more taste and was creamier.

My 3rd plate of food - seafood fried rice, roasted veggies and more prawns. I had a total of a dozen prawns and 9 oysters :) Nice.

Cappuccino to end the meal. It went well with desserts. I had this and iced tea and Shanghai Rose tea, plus carrot orange juice for my beverage.

Ladies who lunch (but only on a Saturday :p). D canceled last minute and I had to scramble to get another person. Thank God J was available and could make it. Make new friends :)

The 1st dessert of the day besides the fruits - chocolate ice cream and salted caramel ice cream with the log cake and stollen. I didn't like the heavy cream for the log cake or the stollen.

The salted caramel ice cream was so good I went to get another scoop with the whisky chestnut ice cream which was equally yummy. The mango cake was not too bad and the strawberry cheesecake was nice too. Didn't finish either of them. I liked the 2nd batch of the bread and butter pudding which was not as eggy as the 1st batch which J took.

It was a satisfying meal. Not too heavy with all the meat and starch found in the usual buffets.

No comments: