Friday, May 15, 2009

Dinner at Garuda Padang - Cairnhill

A colleague won the lottery and treated us for dinner. It was back to Garuda Padang as had a vegetarian menu. We went to the Cairnhill outlet as he preferred that place. Unfortunately, the person serving him did not show him the vegetarian menu (maybe it depends who served you as the previous person was more familiar with vegetarian dishes) so the dishes ordered were not up to his expectations. As I was still on my blood type diet thing, I did not share the beef rendang. I had the fish curry which was not too bad. The curry was lemak and the fish was fresh and not too dry. The tempe with peanuts and anchovies were good but a tad too sweet. The long beans were pretty decent too.
The fried chicken was very nice with crispy skin and moist meat. I loved the floss sprinkled over the meat.

Fried kailan for my vegetarian colleague. It had to be cooked without any garlic.

Fried kangkong which was not too bad though I think I would prefer it with sambal.

No comments: