Monday, May 11, 2009

Lunch at Inagiku Again

I am still so into the food at Inagiku at The Fairmont. Somehow, this is the place I will want to go when I want to splurge on good Japanese cuisine.

So I was at Inagiku last week for lunch with another friend. I had been thinking of the chirashi ever since I saw what Agnes had the previous week. Sea urchin and lots of fish :p However, I decided to just try the regular chirashi set just to see what the difference was.
Again, I chose chawanmushi as my starter instead of salad. It was still as good as previously. Nice steamed egg sliding down the throat.
My chirashi. I requested for no eel (Type A blood group is not meant to have eel, but I forgot to tell the staff that I also cannot take scallop, prawn and crab. So I decided to just eat everything :p) and so the long thin strip of fish was actually a side of flounder. Very nice. The whole bowl of rice and sashimi was excellent.

Tanny had the chef chirashi and she also requested for no eel. The chef chirashi has so much more things - otoro, prawn, sea urchin and some other fish not found in mine - plus the rice itself has some flakes of salmon in there too. I want fatty tuna too! Delicious. She also felt it was too much food.

Maybe next time we could just order one chef chirashi and add some other stuff from ala carte and just share.
The miso soup was very clear and tasted more of seaweed and mushroom than of the usual salty miso paste. Pretty refreshing.

We topped up our dessert and had the ice cream instead of the fruits. The green tea ice cream was not too sweet and had a pure green tea taste, and the red bean paste was a perfect foil against it. The red bean paste was not too sweet either. The black seasame ice cream was equally rich and yummy.

Instead of after meal mints, we were served green tea chocolate truffles to end the meal on a sweet note. I like the truffle but both Agnes and Tanny do not like it. Too bitter for them. I guess I like bitter food (chocolate, green tea but no bittergourd) :p

No comments: