Saturday, May 30, 2009

Fairmont Signature Room

I was pleasantly surprised when I was upgraded from the Fairmont Room to the Signature Room when I was staying over at Fairmont Singapore last weekend. It was over at the North Tower at the section when it links to the South Tower so it was all good.

The Signature Room is bigger at 44sqm and kinda being at a corner, it has an extended sitting area which is perfect for a girls chillout gossip session :p

Some friends came over and we just hung out in the room, playing games, reading magazines, watching telly or surfing the internet. Plus some booze, of course.

The king-size bed with huge long pillows. Each pillow is about 1.5x the regular size. I much prefer the high bed over at Conrad or Ritz-Carlton, but this is good enough too. Still comfortable.

The big bathroom which I requested. Very spacious indeed.

The shower area which is not that fantastic. I am spoiled by the rainshower over at the South Tower (even the Willow Stream Spa uses rainshower :p). The bathrobes hanging behind the door.

The vanity area with the sink. The room is still old since the building is old too.

The Miller Harris toiletries provided. While I do like the citron scent, I somehow still miss the Aveda range which was provided several years ago when it was under Raffles the Plaza though they changed to Amrita Spa range subsequently.

The decadent big bathtub with its almost circular oval shape. Nice to soak in. All that is missing is the view and the glass of wine or champagne :p

The short hallway with my dear lilac cabin suitcase.

The closet with the safe, iron and slippers and shoe shine stuff.

The bar area with the fridge, tea/coffee making facilities. In the evening, housekeeping came over to fill the icebox which is complimentary and to check if we require anything else (unlike over Conrad which said ice is chargeable when we requested for it though it didn't show up in my final bill).

The magazines provided which I didn't get to read at all as I brought 5 other magazines to read.


The dressing table next to the bed. I have started to make myself at "home", with my things lying around all over the place.
The view from one of the two balconies in the room. I can see my office building!

Another view from the room. I did not get the pool/tennis courts view nor the padang view.

Looking down at Raffles Hotel. It is pretty big too. I guess I usually just walk past the shopping arcade area when going to Raffles City from work.

It was a good stay, especially since my air conditioner happened to be spoiled so I got to escape the heat for a weekend. I basically holed up in the hotel room and just chilled. Going to the pool in the late afternoon and then in the early morning. To the spa to use the jacuzzi. Down to the basement to buy food - the fried beehoon from one of the small outlet selling buns and fried dim sum was so yummy. It has very good iced coffee too. Plus the chirashi from Jasons Supermarket. And dinner at Prego with friends.

I love going to the stores in the late morning before the crowd descends into the mall. It is just so nice. Maybe next time I can get a room for the full weekend - 3 Days/2 Nights - for a real staycation.

1 comment:

Seto MeiQin, Hazel (Elizabeth Stuart) said...

Seem like the bathroom in four seasons is better! :)

Why don't you choose st regis? There is promotion of stay 1 night with another night given free?