Friday, May 01, 2009

Lunch at Inagiku

I am still on a Japanese food kick. I think I will not ever get sick of Japanese food as there is just so much to choose from - sashimi, sushi, tempura, yakitori, cold soba, udon, ramen, teppanyaki, etc - and all so yummy.

So we went to Inagiku over at The Fairmont for lunch since the lunch set is definitely much more affordable when compared to dinner set. The lunch set ranges from $65 to $130 (I think), and with the FAR card, it is not too bad.

I chose the set which includes sashimi and grilled fish while Agnes had the Tokujoi Chirashi set.
We both selected chawanmushi instead of salad as our starter. The steamed egg was so smooth and silky that it just slid down the throat. No bubbles or hardness at all.

Agnes' set - the chef chirashi in a huge bowl. It looked so good. Agnes said the salmon roe had a bit fishy taste to it though I found it ok. I liked the soya sauce taste on it.

My "healthy" set with the grilled saba, sashimi, rice, pickles, miso soup and broiled vegetables.

I am very pleased with the sashimi selection since I loved all the fish there - salmon, yellowtail (or swordfish - same buttery taste) and tuna with a bit of salmon roe.

The big grilled saba (mackeral) which was nicely done with crispy bits at the end and edges. That orange thing was not tomato but tasted a bit plum like.

The miso soup which was good. Didn't finish it though as I was so full by the time I was through with the saba.

The broiled vegetables in a sweetish sauce which made them all the more tastier.

Our dessert of a fruit platter. Lovely plate design and food presentation.

I think I still prefer Inagiku for premium Japanese food and the portion is usually quite big, especially for dinner sets.

No comments: