Sunday, May 17, 2009

Jaggi's

It has been a few years since I went to Jaggi's along Race Course Road and the food was still good. It was a week of Indian food since I was at Zaika's just barely 1 week ago. So as we walked past Zaika's, the staff there recognized me and asked if we were going to have lunch there.

I don't mind Zaika's as the food was good too, but since cousin preferred Jaggi's where he always has Indian food there for years, it was Jaggi's for us.
Pureed spinach with cheese was so so good when scooped up with a piece of naan.
The tandoori meat - 4 different types. I only tried the most orange looking one and it was very moist and tender with just a slight hint of tangy-ness.

Fish curry which was very good. The gravy was excellent and fish was fresh. Funny thing was that most of us thought it was chicken. Hahahaha.

The cauliflowers with green beans. I am usually not a fan of cauliflowers but somehow this was done very nicely. Crunchy and flavorful.

The butter chicken which looked nondescript but was actually creamy and yummy. Hahaha. I am bias. I just love butter chicken and one can hardly go wrong with it.

My butter naan. Actually I can't really taste the buttery aftertaste for this. Lol. Maybe I should have opted for the cheese naan. Live dangerously.

The dal (lentils) which went marvelously with the naan. I didn't try it with the briyani rice which we ordered a plate to share.

Baked capsicum stuffed with mashed potatoes and some spices which was surprisingly pretty nice. I quite like this.

I finished off with mango lassi while the others had lime juice.
All these for about $65, and it fed 5 of us very well. Not too bad for a good and filling meal.

No comments: