Saturday, May 16, 2009

Beo Crescent Curry Rice Again

So I was craving for curry rice from Beo Crescent and told GL about it. He happened to be free and off we went to Beo Crescent for an early lunch. Looking at the food he ordered, it was so different from what I had previously.
The rice with the 3 sauces - curry, lor (from meat?) and chap (from cabbages) which was a must-have. But see the portion of rice - it was so much more manageable and regular than what I had before where it was like a mountain.
The reason was that the other time when I went, the person who ordered for us was a regular and so the owner/worker recognized him and so gave a bigger portion. But I am fine with the regular rice portion as I could at least finish it instead of wasting the rice like previously.

The braised pork (I didn't like it - a bit rubbery at the skin area?), chicken curry was with a tangy gravy and I liked that. I didn't like the chopped up chicken as there were too much bones to handle. The crispy pork chops were a bit hard that day but still delicious.

The cabbage which was ok, pretty standard. We also added on another plate of long beans which was nice and the over-easy egg which was good with the black sauce over it.

There really was a difference to the taste when you had the rice with all the dishes over it and without. Overall, I much prefer the curry rice previously which was really really heavenly. This was just average to me.

1 comment:

celest said...

hehe.. you didn't have enough gravy on your rice this time. that matters! i LOVE my rice soaked in gravy,curry, "chup" and all that.. it's very sinful but yummilicious.

the fatty pork + the curry chicken are not regular favs. too.. the crispy pork chop (aka fried lard :P) is a must-have.. plus the egg + "hae bee hiam" long beans + minced pork patty...