Sunday, May 31, 2009

Prego Dinner *White Pizza*

So we were at Prego for dinner and it was the fastest dinner ever! Lol. Well, fastest with the girls. Usually we would linger over desserts or coffee but somehow that night, it was a "chop-chop" affair. The service was good and the staff were friendly.

Using the FAR card meant we had to order at least 4 mains since there were 4 of us. I was so not very hungry so I shared a pasta and pizza with the others.

My half portion of the spicy short tubed pasta with ham in spicy tomato based sauce (I forgot the actual name). The kitchen served it in 2 plates so we did not have to do the sharing ourselves. This was pretty good.

The veal risotto was heavenly. The meat was very tender and was easy to just pick off the bone. The rice was not overly mushy and was infused with the intense mushroom (?) flavor.

Squid ink pasta with seafood in tomato based sauce. Maybe I was used to the version at Modestos but this took some getting use to. The tangy tomato based sauce. Modestos' version was drenched with a prawn/lobster bisque based sauce making it more seafood-y.

My order - white pizza with mushrooms and ham. This was heavenly. I finally found a white pizza in Singapore which was really good.

The thin crust was brushed with olive oil and herbs and topped with the ham and mushrooms and cheese. Simple but satisfying. We could not finish this and I had the last 2 slices to go. I had that cold the next day and it was still good. Like eating biscuits with savory toppings :)

I have found something else besides the chocolate birthday cake which I like at Prego. The white pizza would be reason enough for me to go back to dine.

No comments: