Thursday, April 30, 2009

Japanese Dining Sun Chijmes

There is a current promotion with Shu Uemura over at Japanese Dining Sun in Chijmes where there are some dishes which are good for you in the beauty sense. I decided to order the burdock chips which is made of some kind of root vegetables and is good for you. They were thinly sliced and reminded me of sweet potato chips. Nice.
And we decided to get our own foie gras appetizer. 1.5 pieces of foie gras was too little for one and 3 were too much was our conclusion. I started to feel a bit "jelat" after biting the 3rd piece. So we concluded 2 would be just nice. I simply love the foie gras over at Japanese Dining Sun, maybe it was because of the sauce which was brushed over it. It didn't have the usual liver taste which I dislike nor the powdery texture. Instead, it felt like butter and simply melted in the mouth. Yummy!

For the main, I ordered the Hokkaido ramen which was still very good. And I actually saw the small piece of Hokkaido butter on top of the noodles. Nice. Richness overload for dinner :p

No comments: