Wednesday, April 08, 2009

EL Private Sale 2009

The EL Private Sale came and went. Instead of 1 day, it was held over 2 days for different people (staff, VIPs and F&Fs). Somehow I was not that excited or keen on makeup anymore. In fact there were less tickets given out too, and I only got mine quite late. So it was a different feel since it was not a big group of us girls going in and going ga-ga at the items available.

Again, it seemed like I hardly buy makeup now :p or at least not from MAC. It was the most crowded section and I didn't really bother to check out what was available. I focused on Bobbi Brown and Origins. But no body care for me this year! Quite an amazing feat :p

My loot - lots from Estee Lauder and Bobbi Brown. And a fragrance set from Tommy Hilfiger Dreaming. All these for $300. More than my damage for last year but probably less than the previous 2 years :p
From Estee Lauder and Origins - I wanted the mascara as I don't believe in paying more than $20 for something you need to throw away after 3 months. The blusher will be a gift for my mom as she was looking for a blusher previously. I just realized the green eyeshadow (Camouflage) I bought was already included in a eye palette set which I have. Darn.

I have been eyeing this set when it was released to be sold exclusively at Takashimaya. It is a very good set as it includes a 4pc mini brush set, makeup case, and the palette contains 2 blushers, 6 eyeshadows (3 eyeshadow duos) and 3 lip color, plus the mirror. Now I am so glad I didn't buy this at full retail price.

My Bobbi Brown buys. I was doing CP for a friend and decided to grab some for myself. I was also eyeing the lipgloss trio when it was released last year but again, I didn't want to pay so much at full retail price since I only like the pouch more than the lip colors. Lol. And again, I realize I already have one of the lipgloss. I also bought the pink raspberry lipgloss which was released together with the pink raspberry face palette. I am undecided about the face palette as I probably only like the blush. The velvet plum eye palette was a lovely set.

The Bobbi Brown Palette System Holder was a last minute buy. I am also undecided if I want to keep it. I only want the blush brush and mascara since I rarely use eyeshadow brushes. The pouch is a nice pink quartz and roomy enough to store many things. But I have so many pouches already and so this is really not needed. Sigh.

I only bought this fragrance set because of the price. Hahahahaha. It is too good a deal to miss. Plus I like the silver clutch though it was more like a pouch as it has 3 zippered compartments inside. So the 50ml Dreaming fragrance, body lotion and pouch for only $35. I do like Dreaming with its tuberose, freesia and hibiscus. My one and only MAC purchase - Antique Green pigment. And DKNY Delicious shower gel.

No comments: