Sunday, March 16, 2008

EL Private Sale Again!

The EL Private Sale came early this year, catching many by surprise. Again, I was lucky to be given tickets through angels and so I was able to enter the "hallowed" hall. There were less brands participating now unlike previous years. No Stila (gone since 2007 when EL sold it) and no Bobbi Brown (not much overstock so not involved in the sale) means there were only MAC for makeup. Estee Lauder and Clinique not counted as their makeup never really attracted me, plus I am allergic to Clinique products :p That meant my target was more on Origins products and possibly MAC though I am kinda weaning off cosmetics now.

My very modest loot which amazed everyone as it seemed like everyone still remembered my very first buy way back in 2005 when I came out with bagfuls of stuff. I only bought 6 items and I still busted my budget of $100. I only wanted the MAC glitter eyeliner in Peacocky as mine was dried up and lucky it was available at the sale. I also bought the eyeshadow in Juxt (refill) which I had been waiting for.

The other 4 items were from Origins: Ginger tealights and big candle. Ginger body wash set with shower gel, lotion and scrub and a body wash sampler including ginger, balinese and shedonism. Shedonism is new to me as I have stopped buying from Origins for some time now.

This was definitely the least I bought. I didn't really buy much from MAC also because those I wanted I had already bought at retail prices when they were launched. This year was also the shortest time we spent in the hall and that meant less time to browse more and pick up more stuff. I initially wanted the DKNY fragrances but decided to release, same for other glitter eyeliners. I didn't see the MAC Barbie pouch, so I miss out on that. Then again, I don't really need it and I am trying to de-clutter and use up all my existing products :p

There were actually better products from the other brands which I thought of helping my friends/relatives to buy. Unfortunately I lost their numbers when my phone was gone, so I couldn't contact them at all. There were actually Red Delicious and Delicious fragrances from DKNY which my friend wanted previously. And finally there were cityblock sunblock from Clinique which were what they wanted too. There were also Idealist from Estee Lauder which I didn't think were available in the last few years.

My loot from my very first EL Sale in 2005. I went crazy and bought those stuff. I am finally finishing up the Origins stuff. I didn't bear to use them earlier cos they were discontinued products. Some were given away as gifts already. The 3 brush sets from Stila and MAC. I am currently using one of the sets, the other is still in its original packaging. See my other loots in 2006 and 2007. I have definitely toned down so much now ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought your budget was $50
hahahahaha....
anyway... looks like origins also nothing much, yeah?
those shower gels/scrub/lotion are repeats from last EL sale.
Surprised that they have candle now!

carolyn said...

Lol. $50, $100...all about the same :p But yeah, surprise to see candles there. I got most Ginger stuff since I prefer that. There were a few other skincare sets but I was not interested :p