Thursday, March 06, 2008

Xin Wang Hong Kong Cafe

I always see Xin Wang Hong Kong Cafe whenever I am at Heartland Mall. Somehow it just never occur to me to dine there. So after so many years of giving it a miss, I finally ate there because an ex-colleague wanted to have lunch at Xin Wang.

I am very slow to the cha chan teng phenomenon in Singapore as I am not really a Hong Kong foodie. I was amazed to see the wide array of dishes available and I just wanted to try everything. From the dessert to the dim sum to the noodles, rice and others.

So first up was the pineapple bo lo bun. I sure didn't expect a ring of pineapple stuffed between the two halves of the bun. It was pretty good. Pineapple was not tart at all and it didn't cut my tongue too. The bun was soft and tasted like those man tous used for chili crab dip.

My ex-colleague ordered the black pepper chicken spaghetti. This was a favorite for most customers. It was good. Chicken was flavorful and tender and the pasta was not too soft. Nice.
My main course - prawn paste chicken. It was nice but a bit too salty. So many pieces.
The free wantons when you pay by DBS credit card and spend over $30. This was not that great. Lucky it was free.
The waitress recommended this - deep fried custard buns - when I needed a few dollars to make up to $30 :p
This was pretty nice but oily. I also ordered the black seasame with peanut rice balls for dessert and we had iced milk tea for beverage. So much food. Obviously we didn't finish everything and we shared all the dishes :p

Location
Xin Wang Hong Kong Cafe
Heartland Mall

205 Heartland Mall
Hougang Street 21 #01-133/135
Tel: +65-6487 3481

No comments: