Saturday, March 01, 2008

Lush Nails @ Holland Village

I had a spa manicure at Lush Nails at Holland Village on Wednesday. I rarely have manicures as I tend to smudge my nails shortly after they are done. So it was always pedicure for me.

Lush Nails is located on level 2 of Holland Village Shopping Mall, very near the washrooms.

The place is pretty plush with red decor and proper sinks at the foot of the chairs for pedicure. It seemed to be pretty standard to have sinks for pedicures now. I like that.

For my manicure, I was seated next to the glass panels. My hands are soaked briefly in a basin of water filled with flowers petals and lemon slices. That was refreshing. I like the nail technician (think her name is Lulu or something). She is very experienced and fast.

I love how she managed to shape my nails so smooth and rounded. And she also warned me that it might sting a little when she applied some stuff on my nails after trimming the cuticles. I was indecisive about my colors and she mixed one up for me. A whitish color followed by OPI Hollywood Blonde. Pretty!

For spa manicure, I got additional scrub and lotion for the forearms? She was good in massaging the forearms too. My arms were a bit red after the scrub, either the scrub was too rough or I was a bit allergic to the ingredients. My arms were wrapped in clingfilm after the lotion though frankly I couldn't see any difference after that :p

I just like my manicure and it didn't smudge at all. I attribute that to my Seche Vite top coat. It is the best top coat ever. It dries nails very fast (in a few minutes) and retains the shine for a few days to a week.

Thank you, Celest, for the birthday gift :)

Location:
Lush Nails
#02-22 Holland Village Shopping Mall
above Breadtalk
Tel: +65.6468 8485

7 comments:

celest said...

you welcome - glad you enjoyed the treat :) oh, i actually did notice the wash sink for pedicure when i went to get the voucher, and remembered you prefer those over the "bubbling tubs" type. so i figured even though i wasn't get you the pedicure voucher, they've at least done something right to suit your preference ;)

stardust979 said...

Hi Carolyn, I went for a pedicure at my salon today and realise that they used OPI nail polish which had very pretty shade that I liked. But the salon does not sell officially. Where did you get your nail polish, is it in SIngapore? Am keen to buy one that I got on my nails today :) thanks!

carolyn said...

Hi! Happy CNY! I get my polishes from all over the place (Singapore, USA, Canada, online, spree, etc). You could try Metro or my regular pedi place in Singapore for OPI colors.

It is Flair Nails and Beauty Services and they are a stockist for OPI colors. Maybe you can give them a call to check for availability.

18 Holland Grove Road
Henry Park Apartments
Singapore 278800
Operating Hours Monday - Saturday
10.30am - 7.00pm
Tel: (65) 6468 3989
http://www.nailsflair.com/

Hope you can find it :)

stardust979 said...

Thanks Carolyn for your help! :) Have a good week!:)

stardust979 said...

Thanks so much Carolyn! I managed to get three shades that I liked very much (including the one that I was hoping to get). There were too many colours to choose but I got shades that were rather light. Thanks again for your recommendation!!

carolyn said...

you are welcome :) so glad you managed to find what you were looking for. Enjoy the colors for V-Day this weekend.

Anonymous said...

i've been there as well last week, during my short-visit to singapore. love the place and the way they treat guests. it's very comfy!!! and they're working with such precision, am amazed to see how my nails are glimmering ;)